Monday, August 17, 2009

Back For Good!

Ok, so everybody has been screaming that I don't blog anymore... maybe that's a tad bit dramatic, but still my friends and my fiance are all wondering why I started this blog and am not following through with it..... So I must warn you, fasten your seat belts- it's gonna be a long, long ride.

I must sidestep for one moment before going any further... To anyone who reads this and realizes that my blog ends up being one giant run on sentence... well, you are definitely right. I write my blog as if I am in conversation..... so to all my grammar loving friends--- Sorry! My blog was not created to be a great literary work, only a window into my world.... I have to be me! ;)

Anyways, I have been a very busy girl since the last blog post. I have tried on several occasions, unsuccessfully, to blog but never had the time to finish. Since my last post back in April so much has taken place! First of all I made my second trip to Colorado and stayed for an entire week. Rob and I had the best time! I got to celebrate his birthday with him along with family and friends.... It was amazing. Rob has also made two trips to Alabama since my last post. I haven't seen him for almost a month now and it's killing me!

Second, my sweet PaPaw Crowder passed away in June. He had been sick since before Christmas last year. I miss him very much and so hope that I along with other members of my family can manage to carry on the wonderful legacy of Christian relationship and service that he left behind. After my Papaw passed Rob's brother-in-law Gerald passed away suddenly at the young age of 51. It was very hard for us to be apart during these times. All we wanted to do is be there for each other which is so hard when you are 1200 miles apart... but we survived.

I have been extremely busy with work too. It's gotten kind of crazy... But hey, it's job security!

Ok, now for the really, really, really big thing that has happened! You may notice that at the beginning of this entry I referred to Rob as my Fiance....... We're getting married!!!!
So much excitement as well as change comes along with this. We were engaged on July 18.... we will be married on December 5. There is so much to plan and accomplish and so little time to do it in! I have the wedding planned for the most part but I'm still buying things and ironing out details. Also, I'm moving to Colorado..... Yep me, the little southern girl who hasn't seen much of the world and is so close to her family is moving 1200 miles from home. Sometimes I can hardly believe that I am doing this. My journey has been an emotional roller coaster from the moment I said yes.... it is getting better though. I am happy, scared, sad and just about every other emotion you can possibly imagine. My family has been on the same roller coaster as me. We are all happy that I am getting married but we are also all sad that we won't be together anymore.
I am truly starting a new chapter in my life. My story has come to a defining moment that has changed me forever. In December I will be a wife and I will be far from home.... neither of which I am accustomed to. Rob has been so great through all of this... Sometimes I feel so bad for him because I know he wants to make me happy and for me to be excited about the road that lies ahead.... and I am... but again, I am still on the emotional roller coaster... planning a wedding and a cross country move at the same time. Can we say STRESS???? haha
Oh well, I am confident that I am strong enough to survive all the changes that are coming my way. I also know that Rob is my partner and he is going to be there for me. I love him so much and even though I am sad to move away leaving family and friends behind, I am so glad that he asked me to marry him and would not change my mind for anything on earth. I am sure that the decisions we are making right now are the right ones even if they were tough to make. God is putting us where we need to be for this season of our new life together. I am trusting God that He will not let us fall and will not allow what we can't bare. I'm in the biggest faith walk of my life. God has always been faithful to me and so I will always try my hardest to show that I have faith in Him.... even when I don't understand the why or the how.

I thank God every day for the man He has given me. Rob is a good man.... a man I can trust. He's my best friend and I can't wait to be his wife. I thought that the past 9 months had been an adventure... I have I feeling that I haven't seen anything yet!

I am making a promise to blog at least once a month during our engagement, hopefully more if time allows. Also, I have decided to use this blog to journal my experiences with adjusting to my new life in Colorado.... It should be very interesting to say the least!

Thank you for reading my blog and God Bless!

1 comment:

pastor rob said...

Aw, baby. That was very sweet. I can't wait to be your husband! :-*