Thursday, September 23, 2010

Long Overdue Thanks..........



My first wedding anniversary is coming up on December 5. Approaching this milestone has reminded me of all the people who worked so hard to make our wedding showers, rehearsal and wedding day a wonderful success. I have been inspired to use this post to recognize all of the people and groups of people who made things happen.


We had a total of 3 wedding showers ...... two bridal and one tool and gadget party for Rob.

My boss Sandra Bain Moon along with my good friends Misty Smith and Shelley Jones threw my Birmingham Bridal Tea.

Terre Heath, Julie Aragon and Madeline Belarde along with the ladies of Amazing Grace Fellowship in Pueblo West threw my Colorado Bridal Shower.

Danny Heath, Adam Aragon & Jim Belarde along with the men of AGF threw the tool and gadget party for Rob.

All of these parties were wonderful and we received so many nice gifts. We are truly blessed to have these people in our lives.



I also must thank all the girls of Bain and Associates for listening to me plan and belly ache about my moving situation.....


Thank you to my mom, dad and brother who put up with all of the wedding decorations and moving boxes that took over our house for so many months..... And also for listening to me during my freak out bridal moments.


Our rehearsal was .......... interesting..... LOL. The day of the rehearsal I was, as we now refer to it, "a woman on the edge." So many details were running though my mind! Shelley who was also my Matron of Honor worked very hard to keep me sane. My lovely family and fiance stepped back and gave me some breathing room..... We made it through the rehearsal relatively unscathed. My mom, dad & brother met Rob's dad and brother for the first time...... We had a wonderful time of fellowship over some Jim n Nicks BBQ...... YUM! I have to thank Patrick Smith also.... He was pulled out of bed at about midnight that night by his wife Misty to come and pull our car out of the mud patch it had become encased in.... LOL-- He was such a great sport. Misty also took pictures of our rehearsal and helped decorate.


Now for the big day.... Shelley did my hair and makeup.... and might I add, she did an awesome job. We all made it to the wedding site pretty much on time. My Uncle Allen catered the reception and worked hard to make sure the reception area was in order. Misty along with her friend Angie took pictures for us. My friend Krystle Hall brought in extra decor and also loaned to us her cake serving set and toasting flutes from her recent wedding. My Dad and our pastor Mark Apodaca performed the ceremony. My brother Cameron provided awesome music for the ceremony. My Mom and Dad both walked me down the isle. My boss Sandy along with Paige Ali videotaped both the ceremony and reception. Rob's brother Tony stood up with him as Best Man. My cousins Kyla Sylvester and Bobbi Crane served the wedding cake at the reception. My good friend Mary Waldrop also helped out with clean up. Of course I also have to include my wonderful husband Rob...... Thanks for actually showing up for the wedding after my near meltdown..... LOL.


In January after I got settled in to Colorado, our AGF family threw us a reception at the church. We had another beautiful cake, lots of food, lots and friends and lots more wonderful gifts!


So many people came together to help us make things happen and to help in my transition. I am so grateful to you all.... I hope I have not left anyone out! Rob and I love and appreciate you all.... We are overwhelmingly blessed to have you all in our lives.


THANK YOU!!!!

No comments: