Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things.....

I thought I would take today's post to you a few little decorative elements that I have added or will be adding to our house!




These are the fabrics I am going to use to make throw pillows. The couch and love seat are slip covered in the chocolate brown fabric which serves as the background in this picture. Right now I am sure you are all wondering what in the world I am thinking by putting these fabrics together..... I promise when I get through it's gonna look great! Moving on.....



The square banana leaf basket currently "lives" in the middle of my coffee table. The jewels that are in it right now are temporary filler.

I LOVE this artisan glass bowl! I found it on clearance in a furniture store and had to have it. The picture does not really do it justice. Right now this bowl "lives" on a shelf in my living room.

I am also kind of proud of my green table lamp. I have it on an end table between my couch and love seat. I loved the shape and the color... Also love the fact that it is translucent so it does not dominate the room.





Now for a couple of personal touches..... I had two shadow boxes, one of which I decided was perfect to display our wedding invitation in and the other well... I had no idea what to put inside it. Back a few months ago when I got my Colorado license plates for the car, my husband had the idea to display my Alabama license plate inside it so that I would always have a little piece of Alabama around. At first I thought he was insane but the idea grew on me pretty quickly so now the Alabama license plate is displayed in my living room..... Not sure if it will stay in the living room permanently but for right now it's kind of comforting to me.


This is the collection that inhabits my entry way at the moment. Right now it is kind of a non-cohesive hodgepodge of things that I like for different reasons. It is a starting point but at the moment I definitely consider this area to be unfinished-- a work in progress.... as is the rest of my house!

Thanks for letting me share just a few of my favorite little things around the house. As I said before, my house is a work in progress and I would love to share my "decorating journey" with you all.

No comments: